stuff I could use help with

  • The Gathering always could use prayer and support
  • I need support for the $1,800 mission trip to Wales in August
  • Thank God that I found a cheap place to rent!
  • Thank God that I have an awesome job now!

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

I Hope I Don't Screw Up!


Ya...so...this is a picture of me in my new place. I would post more of my new place rather than just me in a room but I think some of you might feel intimidated by my upper class estate. So you all are stuck with looking at my ugly face. Nanie nanie boo boo!
Anyway, it's strange adjusting to this, living on your own and being an independent adult stuff. I just did my first tax return and almost commited tax fraud! (I almost didn't state that my parents could file me as a dependent, so I was getting a few extra hundred back.) Thankfuly my friend Gloria warned me before I mailed it.
But I always saw myself at home, at college, or still in high school at the age of 18 like most people my age. Not at the other side of the continent from my family, supporting myself completely, and my family only provide moral support and pays for my cell phone (at least for a few more months).
Not to say that I could have done this so easily without their help, encouragement, and love. But slowly the insanity of moving out of my home, from Florida to MA, a week after my 18th birthday, to learn from a Pastor I had only met once is slowly dawning on me.
However, with all that aside, I would not have had it any other way. And I am amazed how God has provided for me, how my family has supported me, how my friends up here have loved and helped me and how much I am learning. I just hope I don't screw it up.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good thoughts Josh. But you know what? You will screw up! We all do at one time or another. And when you do, you'll just "pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start all over again". ;)

Agent B said...

I've never met you. But I'm proud of you.

I'm a huge critic of people (ah-hmm...ADULTS) who live off their parents one way or another well into their 20's...and 30's, 40's, etc. It's all too easy to do. And way too many parents encourage their offspring to stay children in one way or so.

I too left home at 18. I was fully financially independent by 23. It's OK to start "at the bottom" (whatever that means). We shouldn't expect to start an independent life at the same financial & experience level that our parents are currently at.

Keep it up bro. More young people need to follow your example.

Josh Rivera said...

Thanks guys. I needed someone to hear me blab. I really appreciate your encouragement.

IZenBet said...

yo jose!
hey, i've messed up my taxes and i've been doing them....well ...a bit longer than you;-)
hope to see you round essex st!
and blabing is a perfectly acceptable form of rabbling in ones own way and as long as a real thought doesn't get muddled....i think.....:-?