stuff I could use help with

  • The Gathering always could use prayer and support
  • I need support for the $1,800 mission trip to Wales in August
  • Thank God that I found a cheap place to rent!
  • Thank God that I have an awesome job now!

Monday, April 9, 2007

Ghetto Pizza

Sorry that I haven't written anything for a while. I just a started working for Salem Hospital as an orderly and I moved into a nice rooming house on Essex St. Salem!

My room is great but I only have a microwave to cook with, and I'm not that great a cook to begin with.

On my walk home from work last week I stopped by CVS to get some groceries. I bought, among other things, two frozen pizzas (assuming that they were microwavable). As I continue walking home, I realize my mistake. However, I'm poor, hungry, and a big pizza fan, so I decided to try my luck anyway.

When I got home, I noticed that the dimensions of the microwave did not suffice for my pizza loving needs. So I decided to cut the pizza in half. I then remember that the only silverware I have is a set of plastic disposable silverware. But I did have a machete in the closet!

That's right, I used the machete to cut my pizza in half. I then put half of the pizza on a paper plate and cooked it for eight minutes. When I pulled it out, I observed that when cheese bubbles for eight minutes, it comes out looking like a skin disease.

And though the outside was crunchy and the inside was very soft, it made for a really good pizza!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

you should start a cooking show!

mikeofearthsea said...

Sound like "New York-Style" pizza.

=)

Josh Rivera said...

I think I will start a cooking show. My "New York-Style" pizza will be right up there with Rachel Ray!

BeckyJoie said...

Hey Josh, that is too funny! I once tried to cook a pizza in a frying pan. (Many moons ago)

BeckyJoie

Josh Rivera said...

Wow...frying pan...I thought pizza was unhealthy enough, but fried pizza...that's an awesome idea!