stuff I could use help with

  • The Gathering always could use prayer and support
  • I need support for the $1,800 mission trip to Wales in August
  • Thank God that I found a cheap place to rent!
  • Thank God that I have an awesome job now!

Monday, February 12, 2007

Cold Weather

Welcome to the Rivera Blog! I have absolutely no idea how to blog and I barely know how to type so this should be interesting. I just need to figure out how to get my ugly face on this page so all of cyberspace can see! Hopefully you will be so disturbed by the disgustingly incoherent babbling of this first post that there will be no complaints in the future.
I'm staying with a professor friend named Carlos. When he found out I was moving from Florida he happily offered the office room in his apartment for me to live in. A few days ago we were leaving to get into his SUV. As I approached the door of his vehicle a horrifying revelation ran through my bones (granted it may have been the 20 below wind chill). The vehicle's door handles were covered with something and I, being the Floridian that I am, slowly aproached the crystal-like substance. I removed my hand from the safety of my warm glove to evaluate the substance.....I poked it.....
It was ICE!!!!
The doors had been frozen shut! I looked at Carlos to see how he was dealing with this horrific scene.
He showed no sign of having seen it. I didn't want to, but I had to alert him to the situation.
His SUV had been FROZEN SHUT!!!
So reluctantly I informed him. He said he knew and seemed very calm.
The poor man must have been in a state of shock.
The next thing I know he is heading for the vehicle! Without saying a word he began breaking away at the ice with his bare hands! He must have snapped. I tried to stop him and bring him into the warmth of the building but it was to late.
He had done it! Somehow he made it possible to open the vehicle doors in this terrifying climate! I could only think about what my family in Florida would have said had they witnessed such a spectacle.
I will keep you updated on any other shocking stories.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So funny!! I totally LOL!! I could just see Carlos flip out and start breaking away at the ice....as you stand there completly stunned at the scene you are partaking in, thinking ...o..k...then...so this how "they" handle ice?? Gotcha?!

Anonymous said...

dude, thanks for bringing the warm floridian vibe with you to frosty new england! I am glad to have met you.